Landlord Gas Safety Checks For £70, Including a Wall Hung Gas Boiler & Hob Service. £30 For Each Additional Gas Appliance e.g. Cookers or Gas Fires.
Landlord Gas Safety Checks For £100, Including a Floor Standing Gas Boiler e.g Back Boiler / Ideal Mexico & Hob Service. £30 For Each Additional Gas Appliance Unfortunately we no longer service or work on “Back boilers”
Before we can service your gas fire we will need to check entire length of the flue. If the fire is mounted in a chimney we will need access to the rooms and loft space above. If there are other properties above we will need access to these. If this is unavailable the fire will be decommissioned for safety reasons.
Carbon Monoxide Detector / Alarm with 10 Year Long Life Sealed Battery & Installation – £40.
Carbon Monoxide is a killer and alarms should be installed on every floor in all properties. (Required by law on each floor in rented properties with solid fuel appliances e.g coal fire or wood burner)
The gas fired appliances at the property will be serviced to meet statutory requirements, manufacturer’s recommendations and relevant codes of practice.
- Check the appliances and pipework for gas tightness
- Check the standing and working pressure if test points are available
- Check the burner pressure/gas rate against the manufacturer’s data plateCheck for the satisfactory provision of all necessary ventilation
- Test the flue flow to ensure removal of products of combustion
- Check the satisfactory operation of safety device
- Check for physical stability, presence and effectiveness of brackets (where appropriate)
- A full inspection of the entire chimney structure inspection and, where necessary, cleaning of the burner, combustion chamber, any injectors and heat exchanger
- Inspection of ignition devices i.e. pilot lights and/or spark and flame sensing electrodes
- Checking the integrity of all seals and gaskets
- Ensure that any condensate traps and drains are free from debris
- Checking the functionality of the expansion vessel including pressurizing if required.
- Testing the appliance in accordance with manufacturer’s instruction to ensure
- The heat input and/or operating pressure are correct
- The effectiveness of the flue
- That all ventilation requirements are to current standards
- The correct operation of all safety devices and that the boiler is safe for continuous use. A final combustion analysis and measurement against tolerances set by the manufacturer’s instructions
- A test of any disturbed gas connections
- Carry out functional testing of heating and hot water
- A visual inspection of any other encountered gas appliances
- Written notification of any gas safety defect which may affect the safe operation of your appliances
- An assessment of your current heating controls and best practice advice regarding energy efficiency.
- Investigate any evidence of unsafe operation
- Issue a gas safety / service record
Note to private landlords…
As a landlord, you are responsible for your tenants’ safety; in particular (but not exclusively) your duties are to comply with the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998,ensuring gas appliances, fittings and flues you provide for tenants are safe.
You need to ensure that all gas appliances are serviced annually . You need an annual gas inspection of boilers and flues and at all times a current, valid, Landlords’ Gas Safety Record Certificate CP12 for each dwelling. If you are unsure of your responsibilities, please contact us.
For gas safety Inspection’s we’ll issue a certificate immediately, while keeping copies on our systems – so if you mislay your copy, we can e-mail you another.
We’ll give you yearly reminders with plenty of notice of due inspections, meaning you can relax and get on with your business.
Landlords and letting agents: a reliable, responsive and helpful service.
We support private landlords and letting agents with gas appliance services & CP12 annual gas safety certificates
We can deal with all tenant communications,including collecting keys,while keeping landlords and agents fully informed.
Gas Safe Register
- Heatline Capriz 2 24kW Gas Combi Boiler ErP with wireless thermostat / timer installed from £1500 with 2 years warrantyJanuary 3, 2019 - 4:10 pm
- Glow-Worm Betacom4 ErP 24kW Combi Boiler with wireless thermostat / timer installed from £1600 with 5 years warrantyJanuary 3, 2019 - 3:59 pm
- Our Recommended Best Boiler – Ideal Logic+ Plus 24Kw combi boiler with wireless thermostat / timer & magnetic filter installed from £1975 with 10 years warrantyJanuary 3, 2019 - 3:55 pm
Nelson St, Ashton
Bristol -BS3 2SP
Tel: 0117 3701849 or 07702 027983