Gas Boiler Servicing
Servicing your boiler regularly can help prevent costly breakdowns while checking the appliance is safe to use. We will service your wall hung gas boiler for £70.
All Boilers need regular servicing to ensure they are safe and working efficiently. We service and repair all makes and models of boiler, including Vaillant, Worcester, Ideal, Potterton, Baxi, Glow-Worm, Veissmann, and Ariston.
We also diagnose and repair faults in boilers and heating systems. We’ll offer you a free estimate and won’t proceed without your authority to do so.
Your boiler should be serviced each year by a qualified Gas Safe Registered Engineer.
The gas fired boiler at the property will be serviced to meet statutory requirements, manufacturer’s recommendations and relevant codes of practice.
- Check the appliances and pipework for gas tightness
- Check the standing and working pressure if test points are available
- Check the burner pressure/gas rate against the manufacturer’s data plate
- Check for the satisfactory provision of all necessary ventilation
- Test the flue flow to ensure removal of products of combustion
- Check the satisfactory operation of safety device
- Check for physical stability, presence and effectiveness of brackets (where appropriate)
- A full inspection of the entire chimney structure inspection and, where necessary, cleaning of the burner, combustion chamber, any injectors and heat exchanger
- Inspection of ignition devices i.e. pilot lights and/or spark and flame sensing electrodes
- Checking the integrity of all seals and gaskets
- Ensure that any condensate traps and drains are free from debris
- Ensure that any magnetic filters are free from debris
- Checking the functionality of the expansion vessel including pressurizing if required.
- Testing the appliance in accordance with manufacturer’s instruction to ensure
- The heat input and/or operating pressure are correct
- The effectiveness of the flue
- That all ventilation requirements are to current standards
- The correct operation of all safety devices and that the boiler is safe for continuous use. A final combustion analysis and measurement against tolerances set by the manufacturer’s instructions
- A test of any disturbed gas connections
- Carry out functional testing of heating and hot water
- A visual inspection of any other encountered gas appliances
- Written notification of any gas safety defect which may affect the safe operation of your appliances
- An assessment of your current heating controls and best practice advice regarding energy efficiency.
- Investigate any evidence of unsafe operation
- Issue a gas safety / service record
- Subsequent annual reminder
- Gas boiler service – wall hung
- Gas boiler service – floor standing e.g ideal mexico / back boiler
- Carbon Monoxide Alarm with 10 Year Long Life Sealed Battery and sensor
- Supply and Installation £40